- News: Villa Taranto Gardens To Remain Closed Indef...
- FYI: Stresa's General Store
- Food: Buffet di Ferragosto
- News Bites: Little Bits Of News From Stresa
- Shopping: Images Of A Stresa Of Long, Long Ago
- Seen In Mergozzo: Vicolo
- Day Trip: Yes! You Can See Venice In A Day From St...
- News: Stresa Sights And 100 Places In Italy Every ...
- ▼ August (8)
- ► 2011 (69)
- ► 2010 (108)
- ► 2009 (161)
Friday, August 3, 2012
9:06 AM | Dana Kaplan, Stresa Sights | Edit Post
Am I happy today? You bet I am! We've just had some very exciting news! We've discovered that Stresa Sights has been included in the list of Online Resources in the new updated edition of Susan Van Allen's wonderful book, 100 Places In Italy Every Woman Should Go. This is such an honor, and I am thrilled to be included in this guidebook and in such great company. Susan, grazie dal cuore. From my heart, thank you.
( continued .... )
If you haven't seen Susan's book yet, you should. This is a book that, as it says on the back cover, "Whether it's your first or twenty-first visit to Italy," you should read. And it's really not just for women. Honest.
Just for women though, you can join Susan this November, at a very special Golden Week in Tuscany. Susan, and Villa Vita tours, have arranged a unique week for a small fortunate group. Read all about it here.
Remember when I wrote a post for Susan about A Golden Day in Stresa?
Here we are...
Events are provided by STRESA 2.0
- Where can I buy foreign newspapers in Stresa?
- Where can I eat breakfast in Stresa?
- Where are the public restrooms in Stresa?
- Is there a laundromat in Stresa?
- Can I rent a wheelchair in Stresa?
- Should I buy train tickets in advance?
- Are there any day tours to Switzerland from Stresa?
- How can I arrange a civil wedding in Stresa?
- How bad are the summer bugs in Stresa?
- Do I Need A Car In Stresa?
- Is there an Internet cafe in Stresa?
- Is there a supermarket in Stresa?
- Is it too isolated staying at an Isola dei Pescatori hotel?
- Will we need a car if we are staying at Isolino Camping Village?
- Are there any ethnic restaurants in Stresa?
- Can I buy tickets in advance for ferry or the cablecar?
- I was wondering if you might know or recall the name of this restaurant in Baveno?
IMPORTANT POSTS AND LINKS
- If You Have Only One Day in Stresa
- Top Ten Things to See in Stresa
- Alibus Shuttle From Malpensa to Stresa
- Driving Directions From Malpensa - With Photos
- Train Service from Malpensa to Stresa and Milano
- Linate Airport to Stresa Directions
- Milan Tram System Map and Transport
- Bus Schedule
- Stresa Boat Imbarcadero
- Stresa to Mottarone Cableway
- Bus, Train, and Taxi From Malpensa Airport
- Boat Schedule - English
- PosteItaliane - Postal service
- Trenitalia Site and Schedule -- English
- Weather Forecast
- Winter Trip to Stresa? Start Planning Here
- art and culture (36)
- August (23)
- autumn (16)
- books (8)
- churches (8)
- day trips (30)
- events (54)
- favorite quotations (5)
- food (71)
- for kids (7)
- Friends of Stresa Sights (11)
- FYI (20)
- gardens (18)
- Guest writer Tony (5)
- history (31)
- interviews (7)
- just for fun (32)
- learning italian (9)
- letters from readers (13)
- letters from the editor (28)
- memories (10)
- milan (10)
- museums (8)
- music (12)
- my house (2)
- nature (4)
- news and information (54)
- outdoor activities (32)
- photo gallery (38)
- Piemonte (10)
- places to go (53)
- places to stay (9)
- rainy day activities (11)
- restaurants (41)
- risotto (6)
- shopping (23)
- spring (17)
- stresa (90)
- summer (64)
- tours (17)
- transportation (23)
- trivia (3)
- videos (8)
- walks (16)
- What people say... (4)
- wine (29)
- winter (41)